1) TANGLED, by Carolyn Mackler. I have read everything by teen writer Mackler, and enjoy her stories and characters immensely. This book comes out just after Christmas (and the wait has seemed eternal!). Happy New Year's gift to me!
2) CHANGELESS, by Gail Carriger. I loved Carriger's first book in the Parasol Protectorate series, SOULLESS. Love, love, absolutely love (almost in a stalker-like way). Can't wait for another dose of the Soulless Miss Tarabotti whose lovers are werewolves and whose besties are vamps and whose enemies are indestructible-Terminator-like automatrons.
3) THE STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL TALE OF MISS PERCY PARKER, by Leanna Renee Hieber. The look and feel of this book reminds me of Carriger's work, and the title alone had me at Hello. This better be in my stocking, darling dear! (After all, I did print out the B&N page, highlighted which section you'd find it in, and wrote "Hint hint" in all-caps.)
4) LEVIATHAN, by Scott Westerfield. I must admit, I already own it. But the premise made me unable to wait until Christmas--an alternate, steampunk-based reality of WWI with genetically mutated jellyfish as hydrogen dirigibles? Irresistible!
5) Anything by husband and wife team David Small and Sarah Stewart. The Library, The Gardener, The Friend, to name a few (one of these is under the tree right now--the first two are already in my daughter's bookcase). Beautiful illustrations and tender stories perfect for any 7-and-under in your life.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good (book at) night. ;o)